Over at ProBlogger, Jen Louden (ruzuku customer & advisor!) has posted her 9 Steps to Creating a Successful e-Course.
Here are her 9 steps:
- Dump Your Brain
- Find the Core
- Befriend the Critic
- Steal like A Teacher
- Name the Steps
- Tangible Takeaways
- Build in Regular Feedback
- Keep the Momentum Going
Jen provides some great questions to ask during your course creation and marketing process:
- Did you fall in love with content creation and not put equal time & creativity into marketing?
- If so, pour your energy into marketing for the next round.
- Did you try to create a course that filled a need but lost your voice in the process?
- Go back and tweak – just a little – to add your stories, experiences and voice.
- Add that to the sales page, too.
- Did you consider your students’ needs?
- Did you describe clear benefits on your sales page?
- How many people did you get your course in front of?
- Did you promote it in the places your just-right students hang out?
- Did you make clear requests for feedback from current students?
- What tweaks can you make to the course and your sales page to address these requests?
- Did you enlist peer support from other course creators?
- Share your challenges and successes?
- Swap best practice and sales ideas?
- When can you offer the course again?
- What are three fun ways to get the word out?